Parks & Recreation Director: Ann Barney email@example.com
After-School Program Supervisor:
Summer Camp Supervisor: Barbi Sharrow
The Ashland Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of facilities to the public:
- Ashland Booster Club
- L. W. Packard Ballfield
- Edward N. Doggett Beach / Ashland Town Beach
- Edward N. Doggett Campground
The Ashland Parks and Recreation Department offers quality and age appropriate programs to Ashland and the surrounding communities. For more details, go to the Programs page.
- After School Program
- School Vacation Day Camps
- Summer Day Camp Program
Ashland Booster Club
The Ashland Booster Club was established and built in 1948 through the efforts of returning veterans and community members. This building has become the unofficial community center.
The Booster Club plays host to several community events throughout the year. These include, but are not limited to:
- Tuesday nights — “Food for All” free community dinners
- Daily — Ashland After School Program (school days)
- Summer Day Camp Program
- Community meetings — Rebekah’s Lodge, Grange and others
- Various recreation programs, as scheduled
- Fund raisers
- Event Rental Hall
Rental Facility: The Booster Club can be rented for your entertainment and meeting needs, including birthday parties, wedding receptions, staff training, and various meetings. Why not consider renting the Booster Club for your next party or function?
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Tables, seating for approximately 60 people (maximum capacity, 70 people)
- Kitchen access
- Rustic decor
Rental Fees (includes a $30 refundable deposit)
- Half day rental (up to five hours) — $100 (includes $30 refundable deposit)
- Full day rental — $140 (includes $30 refundable deposit)
- Contact the Parks and Recreation Director for availability and Rental Agreement
L. W. Packard Ballfield
The L. W. Packard Ballfield provides a variety of recreational facilities. The tennis courts, basketball court and playground are just below the Booster Club. The ballfield is used by local groups, leagues and school teams for baseball, softball, and soccer. At the opposite end of the ballfield is the ice rink which offers free ice for the community to skate on throughout the winter. The ice rink is donated and maintained by the Ashland Fire Department. The nearby bandstand is used for a variety of performances.
Edward N. Doggett Beach / Ashland Town Beach
The Edward N. Doggett Beach is located at the southern end of Little Squam Lake, near the Covered Bridge. It is the only public beach on the lake. Commonly known as the Ashland Town Beach, it is a perched beach, having the majority of the beach behind a retaining wall. The beach is a full access, equal opportunity beach for all visitors.
2017 Summer Beach Information
- Lifeguards on duty — 11:00am to 4:00pm daily (weather permitting)
- Residents & Taxpayers (16 and older) — $2 per day or $25 per season
- Non-Residents — $4 per day or $50 per season
- Seniors (65 and older) — Free
- Roped-in swimming area
- Water-accessible wheelchair ramp
- 3 bathrooms (2 regular and 1 handicapped-accessible)
- Picnic tables
- Charcoal grills
- Volleyball court
- Funnel ball area
- Bicycle rack
Edward N. Doggett Campground
The Edward N. Doggett Campground is nestled in a quiet corner of Ashland, across from the Ashland Town Beach at the southern end of Little Squam Lake. This 23-site, trailer seasonal campground offers a quiet atmosphere that is conducive to families and individuals looking for solitude. Located at the junction of Levitt Hill Road and River Street, the Edward N. Doggett Campground is easily accessible from Route 3/25.
- 23 seasonal trailer sites
- Water and sewer hook-ups
- Electrical service available
- Cable hook-up available
- Bath house (2 regular bathrooms and showers; 1 wheelchair accessible bathroom and shower)
- Laundry facility
- Beach access to the Ashland Town Beach
Contact the Parks and Recreation Director or the Town Office for information on fees and availability.