The Health Officer and Deputy Health Officer:
- Enforce the New Hampshire public health rules and laws, as well as local ordinances and regulations
- Serve as a liaison between state officials and the local community on issues concerning local public health
The Health Officer’s and the Deputy Health Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Inspect daycare/foster homes and local schools
- Inspect septic systems to certify failure
- Enforce minimum standards for rental housing
- Provide information on public health related topics
- Investigate complaints regarding local public health concerns
Welfare Officer: Suzanne McCormack
Welfare applications are available upon request at the Town Office. Please complete the application and return it to the Town Office during regular business hours.
The Welfare Officer:
- Oversees the provision of short-term assistance or emergency aid in crisis situations for the essentials of daily living
- May also make referrals to other local, regional and state assistance agencies and programs
The assistance process includes a written application, financial review and interview. Contact the Town Office to schedule an appointment for an interview with the Welfare Officer. All information provided is and will remain confidential.