Ashland Fire Department
P.O. Box 856
9 Main Street
Ashland, NH, 03217
Non-Emergency Phone: (603) 968-7772
Chief: Steve Heath firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Chief: Robert Bousquet
The Ashland Fire Department serves the following functions:
- Responding directly to fire emergencies.
- Providing non-emergency services to the community.
- Supporting neighboring communities with reciprocal commitments.
*All new projects MUST be inspected by the Fire Department.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
GOOD MORNING PROGRAM — This program is offered to elderly citizens who live by themselves. Participants can call and check in before 10:00 am. For more information on participation in the program, please contact 603-968-7772. Sponsored by the Ashland Fire Department and Ashland Police Department.
Fire Permits and Open Burning
- Questions? – Call Ashland Fire Department at 603-968-7772.
- All burning must be conducted in accordance with state laws, state rules, local ordinances and only with the proper permit.
- Burn permits available from the Ashland Fire Chief
- Burn permits also available with the Online Burn Permitting System
- You are liable for any false statements in applying for a burn permit.
- Ashland Fire Department will follow up on any permits with an inspection.
- Ashland Fire Department receives notifications of online permit applications.
- Disaster Preparedness — NH’s official source for information during state emergencies.
- Includes information on how to create family emergency kits and how to be prepared for disasters.
Fire Education & Safety — Public Education Resources
- This month’s Safety Educator provides information for educators of students in grades Pre-K through 8.
- This month’s One Stop Educator provides teaching information to support 3rd grade students and teachers.
State of NH Adopted Building & Fire Codes (updated 9/25/2019)
Inspection Requirements Guidebook (updated August 2019) for Multi-Family Residential Dwellings and 1 & 2 Family Rental Units
- The purpose of this guidebook is to provide the owners and prospective owners of multi-family dwellings general information regarding their responsibiities in providing quality, affordable and safe residential housing in Ashland.