This official website of the Town of Ashland, New Hampshire, provides information about the town government and the community for residents and visitors.
Ashland is a picturesque rural community, gateway to the Lakes Region and on the southern edge of the White Mountain National Forest. The community of Ashland is bordered on the west by the Pemigewasset River and on the east by Little Squam Lake. Ashland offers historical places, outdoor recreational opportunities, local artists and businesses to visit, as well as dining, shopping, and other services.
News and Notices
Safer at Home Advisory Status, Extended to October 21
NH Government COVID-19 page
- Town Office Opening Procedures
- The Town Office is now open to the public for in-person business.
- Only one person at a time is allowed in the Town Office. If someone is already in the Town Office, please wait outside until that person leaves.
- A mask is required for entry into the Town Office. There is a box of masks available in the foyer.
- Utility Customers — Notice about changes in staff, office location and bill payment.
- Park & Recreation — The Ashland basketball court and the playground are closed from 2:30 to 5:30, Monday – Friday, while the After School Program is in session.
- Ashland Fire Department — Looking for a few good neighbors
- Town Clerk/Tax Collector Memo
- Through October, TC/TC hours will be Monday 8-4, Tuesday 8-4, Thursday 8-5, Friday 7:30-11
- How to Register a Motor Vehicle (new 4/24/2020)
- September 26 — Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
- Ashland’s Primary Election results
- Absentee ballot applications for the November 3 General Election are available at the Town Office and below.
- Access to the Police and Fire Departments is by appointment only. Please call ahead to make arrangements with the individual department.
- 2020-2023 Full Revaluation Process — Message from the town assessors.
Sidewalk Replacement for Main Street (Gordon to West St.) — An updated design (April 2020) is available here.