This official website of the Town of Ashland, New Hampshire, provides information about the town government and the community for residents and visitors.
Ashland is a picturesque rural community, gateway to the Lakes Region and on the southern edge of the White Mountain National Forest. The community of Ashland is bordered on the west by the Pemigewasset River and on the east by Little Squam Lake. Ashland offers historical places, outdoor recreational opportunities, local artists and businesses to visit, as well as dining, shopping, and other services.
Ashland 1868 to 2018 — Celebrating 150 Years of History
News and Notices
January 21 (Monday) — Town Clerk / Tax Collector office will be closed. Town Office and all other departments will be open.
Supervisors of the Checklist will be in session on Tuesday, January 22 from 7:00 to 7:30 pm and Saturday, January 26 from 11:00 to 11:30 am to make additions and corrections to the checklist.
New Job Posting — Police Officer — on the Employment page
Election and SB2 Information
- January 7, 2019 — Bond Hearing for Thompson Street & utility construction, 6:30 pm, Elementary School
- January 10, 2019 — Budget Hearing for School (6:00 pm) and Town (6:30 pm), at Ashland Elementary School Cafeteria
- January 14, 2019 — Bond Hearing for Septage Receiving Station, at Water & Sewer Department, 6:00 pm
- January 23 – February 1 (5pm), 2019 — Filing period for candidates for town and school elected positions. Declaration of Candidacy Form
- January 31, 2019 — Public Hearing on warrant article to reduce Board of Selectmen from 5 members to 3 members. Elementary School Library, 6:00 pm
- February 2, 2019 — Deliberative Session — 10 am, Gymnasium
- March 12, 2019 — Town & School Election — Official Absentee Ballot Request (updated 12/21/18)
Positions Open for March 12 Election — Declaration of Candidacy Form
- 1 Selectboard Member (3 year term)
- 1 Town Trustee of the Trust Funds (3 year term)
- 1 Library Trustee (3 year term)
- 1 Electric Commissioner (3 year term)
- 1 Water & Sewer Commissioner (3 year term)
- 1 Budget Committee Member (3 year term)
- 1 Cemetery Trustee (3 year term)
- 2 Ashland School Board Member (3 year term)
- 1 Ashland School District Moderator (1 year term)
- 1 Ashland School District Clerk (1 year term)
- 1 Ashland School District Treasurer (1 year term)
Town Administrator Update — Mid-Year 2018
Winter Parking Ban
- November 1 through May 1, between 1:00 AM and 5:00 AM — No person shall park a vehicle on any street or in the following municipal parking areas: Mechanic Street Parking Lot, spaces along Riverside Drive adjacent to Memorial Park, and Town Hall Parking Lot.
Sidewalk Replacement for Main Street (Gordon to West St.) is in a design phase and will be updated periodically at BOS meetings. An updated design presented May 21 showed suggested changes near West Street and Gordon Street, suggested addition of locust and sugar maple trees, and the removal of bump outs near Gordon Street. A previous design was presented on May 7. Large-scale versions of the engineering design are available for viewing upstairs in the Town Hall.
Japanese Knotweed, Best Management Practices here