This official website of the Town of Ashland, New Hampshire, provides information about the town government and the community for residents and visitors.
Ashland is a picturesque rural community, gateway to the Lakes Region and on the southern edge of the White Mountain National Forest. The community of Ashland is bordered on the west by the Pemigewasset River and on the east by Little Squam Lake. Ashland offers historical places, outdoor recreational opportunities, local artists and businesses to visit, as well as dining, shopping, and other services.
News and Notices
Go to COVID-19 page for GOVERNMENT INFORMATION & UPDATES
Granite staters with questions or concerns about COVID-19 can call 2-1-1
for information and referrals (NH Department of Health and Human Services).
UPDATED LOCAL NOTICES
- COVID-19 Related Voting Instructions . See also the Town Clerk’s page.
- Summer Day Camp Update — Memo from Park & Recreation Department.
- Trustees of the Trust Fund — There are 1 opening for a 1-year appointment . The Appointment Application is available on the Appointments page.
- Weekly Memo from the Town Clerk/Tax Collector (June 2)
- Property Visits Resume May 4 — Notice about Assessors’ Visits to Property Owners
- Town Office Statement regarding Department Closings and continuing Services.
- Town Office, Utility Building and the Booster Club are closed as of Tuesday, March 17.
- Town officials and offices may be contacted online, or by phone or email. Town office appointments are available by contacting 603-968-4432.
- Town Clerk / Tax Collector may be contacted at 603-968-4432 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Many transactions can be done online, including vehicle registrations, payment of taxes, dog license renewals, water, sewer and electric bills. See the appropriate icons on the website.
- How to Register a Motor Vehicle (new 4/24/2020)
- Transfer Station is open for general trash collection, on the regular schedule. Recyclables will NOT be collected at this time.
- Police & Fire Departments are open for business as usual. The Police Department lobby is closed for walk-ins. If your matter cannot be handled over the phone, please all ahead for entry. Residents are reminded, however, to keep non-emergency calls to a minimum. Non-emergency phone numbers and email addresses are on the respective Police and Fire Department web pages.
- Ashland Town Library: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ashland Town Library will be closed until further notice. Library staff will be available by email (email@example.com) during the closure. Items currently checked out by Library patrons will automatically be renewed until the library re-opens. Books and other items on hold will still be available for pick up when the Library reopens. Wi-Fi is available outside the Library. The network is: ashlandnhlib and the password is: 4E0FDDB223 (the third digit in the password is zero, not the letter O).Please take advantage of our online resources including downloadable audio and Ebooks available through OverDrive and the Libby App. You can access these services using our website: ashlandtownlibrary.org. We will post information about re-opening and services offered on our website, on social media and on our print flyers. Feel free to call us for updates on this evolving situation.
GOOD MORNING PROGRAM — This program is offered to elderly citizens who live by themselves. Participants can call and check in before 10:00 am. For more information on participation in the program, please contact 603-968-7772. Sponsored by the Ashland Fire Department and Ashland Police Department.
Stickers (2020) for Transfer Station, $5.00, are available at the Transfer Station and the Town Office
Job Posting for the Police Department is on the Employment page.
Sidewalk Replacement for Main Street (Gordon to West St.) — An updated design (April 2020) is available here.