This official website of the Town of Ashland, New Hampshire, provides information about the town government and the community for residents and visitors.
Ashland is a picturesque rural community, gateway to the Lakes Region and on the southern edge of the White Mountain National Forest. The community of Ashland is bordered on the west by the Pemigewasset River and on the east by Little Squam Lake. Ashland offers historical places, outdoor recreational opportunities, local artists and businesses to visit, as well as dining, shopping, and other services.
News and Notices
State of Emergency Extended to January 21, 2021
NH Government COVID-19 page
- PRESS RELEASE re: Electric Billing Errors
- 2021 Proposed Warrant and Budget Expenditure Plan
- Civil Rights Day, January 18 — All town building and departments closed.
- January hours for Town Clerk/Tax Collector: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur 7:30-4:30 and Fri 7:30-12:00.
- Open Positions for March Town and School Elections — see list here — Filing period from January 20 to January 29 (5 PM) at the Town Office.
- Absentee Ballot Application for Town and School Election, March 9, 2021 — application form here.
- 2021 Transfer/Recycling Station Stickers are available at the Town Office, issued by the Town Clerk, $5.00 each, payable by cash, check or credit card. This is a separate transaction and can not be added to registration or taxes.
- Dog Licenses — Update –Dog licenses are available..
- Town Office Opening Procedures
- The Town Office is now open to the public for in-person business.
- Only one person at a time is allowed in the Town Office. If someone is already in the Town Office, please wait in the foyer or outside until that person leaves.
- A mask is required for entry into the Town Office. There is a box of masks available in the foyer.
- Many transactions can be done online, including vehicle registrations, payment of taxes, dog license renewals, water, sewer, and electric bills. See the appropriate icons on the website.
Sidewalk Replacement for Main Street (Gordon to West St.) — An updated design (April 2020) is available here.