This official website of the Town of Ashland, New Hampshire, provides information about the town government and the community for residents and visitors.
Ashland is a picturesque rural community, gateway to the Lakes Region and on the southern edge of the White Mountain National Forest. The community of Ashland is bordered on the west by the Pemigewasset River and on the east by Little Squam Lake. Ashland offers historical places, outdoor recreational opportunities, local artists and businesses to visit, as well as dining, shopping, and other services.
News and Notices
Go to COVID-19 page for GOVERNMENT INFORMATION & UPDATES
Safer at Home Advisory Status, June 16 – August 1
UPDATED LOCAL NOTICES
- Utility Office will be closed July 20-24.
- Absentee ballot applications for the September 8 Primary Election and the November 3 General Election are available at the Town Office and below.
- Town Clerk / Tax Collector Update — New message, June 30. During July and August, Friday hours will be 7:30 to 11:00 am.
- 2020-2023 Full Revaluation Process — Message from the town assessors.
- Town Office, Utility Building and the Booster Club are closed.
- Town officials and offices may be contacted online, or by phone or email. Town office appointments are available by contacting 603-968-4432.
- Town Clerk / Tax Collector may be contacted at 603-968-4432 or at email@example.com
- Many transactions can be done online, including vehicle registrations, payment of taxes, dog license renewals, water, sewer and electric bills. See the appropriate icons on the website.
- How to Register a Motor Vehicle (new 4/24/2020)
- Transfer Station is open for general trash collection, on the regular schedule. Recycling is also available; although the recycling building is closed, the sorting bins are available outside. Note that cash is not being accepted for disposal fees or transfer station stickers. All charges will be invoiced.
- Police & Fire Departments —The Police Department and Fire Department lobbies are closed for walk-ins. Non-emergency phone numbers and email addresses are on the respective Police and Fire Department web pages. If your matter cannot be handled over the phone, please all ahead for entry. Residents are reminded, however, to keep non-emergency calls to a minimum.
- Ashland Town Beach — Limited to town residents, tax payers, and campers at Edward Doggett Campground only. See Parks & Recreation page for other Summer 2020 Covid-19 precautions.
- Ashland Town Library — Starting June 16, the Ashland Town Library will begin offering pick-up service by appointment. You will also be able to return materials to the Library. Note that the Library will offer these services within reduced hours, and the library building will remain closed to the public. Pickup hours will be from 2 pm to 5 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Go to this page for more details.
GOOD MORNING PROGRAM — This program is offered to elderly citizens who live by themselves. Participants can call and check in before 10:00 am. For more information on participation in the program, please contact 603-968-7772. Sponsored by the Ashland Fire Department and Ashland Police Department.
Stickers (2020) for Transfer Station, $5.00, are available at the Transfer Station and the Town Office
Sidewalk Replacement for Main Street (Gordon to West St.) — An updated design (April 2020) is available here.